BitchyList

Friday, May 11, 2007

Shopping

After being flirt while I bought my mom's Mother's Day gift and spending more than I should [yup, I bought more movies], I decided to watch Spidey 3.
I won't dignify that crap with a long post, so I'll just say how sadly these super-hero trilogies have been concluded. X-Men 3 last year was a big shit and Pirates got all the way to poopland still on its second part. In Spider-Man 3 they just kicked out the good character development from the first two movies and ridiculously tried to buy us with hyper fast edition and dazzling visual effects. [Well they got it since the crap is a hit everywhere.] Tobey Maguire is beyond annoying and his portrait of an ego-ed Peter Parker was just dull and ridiculous; when Peter Parker became an emo I just wanted to throw stones on the screen. Oh and the whole American nationalism was simply offensive. Thankfully the movie had James Franco, Bryce Dallas Howard and Rosemary Harris. Franco who discreetly did good on the preview ones, here beautifully shines; Dallas gives good screen presence even having a pointless and silly little character; and Harris, well she's G-d. As for Kiki, she's marvelous as always, even singing in some scenes, but I got so annoyed by the movie I just didn't care about her that much.
When I got home I detoxed myself with a delicious Big Mac and a really decent, well made and perfomed blockbuster.
[Song: Wanderlust - Björk]

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Stop shopping!
Our kids need food and all you think about is stuff to buy.